Description of FiniteGroups package
by Andriy Zhugayevych
FiniteGroups is a package for manipulating discrete groups whose elements are represented as affine transformations.
If you have comments, suggestions, or have found a bug, please email me.
Tested for Maple 17 on Windows 7 and 10.
- Support of custom group algebras. Predefined are matrices and affine transformations.
- Support of symbolic lattice coordinates.
- Large list of predefined groups: space, layer, rod, point (also 5- and 8-fold axes), in different settings.
- Representations of point groups.
- Sites and dimers: black-box construction of a tight-binding Hamiltonian.
- Download source files FiniteGroups.zip, unzip to any location, open
install.mw and follow the instructions.
- Windows users: If failed to install or you don't need the source, download FiniteGroups_lib.zip and unzip to Maple library folder
- Experienced users: the package can be initialized by reading FiniteGroups.ini with Maple "read" command.
- The documentation is built into the Maple Help system. Individual help pages are also available as individual mw-files.
- Symmetry groups in all ITA settings.
- Support of nonscalar objects such as multiple degenerate orbitals per site.