discussed version: G09 D.01
- Locate executables, edit your user initialization file, create
gaussian directory, and learn how to submit a job.
- Example of Gaussian job submission using PBS:
- Submission script: example1, example2
- Submission command:
qsub gaussian/_pbs -l nodes=1:ppn=8:mpi -N example
- Gaussian input file
- Example of Gaussian run script without PBS: example
- Install. Do not use special symbols in path to executables. Properly allocate Scratch folder.
- Set environment variable
- Run Gaussian as follows:
%GAUSS_EXEDIR%\g09 inputfile outputfile (output filename is optional).
- Edit and copy gaussian.bat to the program folder (or any other location).
- Associate gau-files with
gaussian.bat. For this purpose you can edit and use these file associations.
- Sample input files: test1.gau.
- Gaussian requires explicit setting of
- Fortran code for extracting individual records from Gaussian chk- and rwf-files.
You may use this test file.
See also sample batch script.
- Python utilities for reading transition density matrices from record 633:
- Examples of how to produce natural orbitals and natural transition orbitals readable by Jmol directly from the Gaussian output,
including Jmol scripts for making jpeg-images of these orbitals: zip.
- Less convenient but more universal is to generate a cube file:
cubegen 0 mo=homo in.fchk out.cube -2 h, and then read it by Jmol.
- Windows version requires nonempty title in input file.